Low sugar natural pulled pork recipe for weight loss
If you prepare and measure your meals properly, there is absolutely no reason you should be eating chicken and rice every day. Eating the same meat isn’t good for your health or your taste buds. Change things up with our exact cutting pulled pork recipe.
Macros of your meal prep (per dish split evenly).
551 kcal | 15g of fat | 47g of carbs | 47g of protein
Takes 6-7 hours (passive) time (40 minutes hands on time).
Preps 4 of your weekly meals.
- 2kg Pork shoulder
- 1 tin Chopped tomatoes
- 500g sweet potato
- 500g green beans
- 10ml olive oil.
- Spices for the green beans (1tsp minced ginger root, 0.5 tsp chilli flakes, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 shot glass of chopped fresh coriander, 1 tsp soy sauce)
- Spices for pork (1 tbsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp paprika, 1tbsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp of oregano, 0.5 tbsp cumin, 0.5 tbsp onion powder)
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Lemon wedge (optional)
- Mix the pork spices together and rub on the pork (don’t be gentle with it). Note this can be done the day before to give it even more flavour.
- In a heated pan, cook the pork until the edges are all browned and sealed (leave the fat on). While its cooking, get your slow cooker on medium and get the tomatoes in there heating.
- Place your pork into the slow cooker, place the lid on and forget about it for at least 5 hours (go out, do all your other prep, do whatever you want just don’t open the lid).
- For the sweet potatoes, simply cut them into dice sized chunks and dry roast them until they start to caramelise and go brown (around 35 minutes).
- Once your sweet potatoes are in the oven get your olive oil into a preheated frying pan/wok, get your ginger into the oil for 1 minute add your chopped garlic for 20 seconds then get your green beans, soy sauce and all other spices into hot the pan too (not coriander). Stir fry these for about 4-5 minutes until they are browning on the outside but still have a crunch. Take out, add coriander and cool down.
- Once the pork has been slow cooked, take it out the pot and place on plate let it cool for 2 minutes. Quickly get all the juices/tomatoes into a sauce pan. Go back to the pork and remove all the fat (throw it away). Then use 2 forks and pull the tender meat apart.
- Once the juices have settled, the layer of liquid fat from the top will need to be skimmed (stick a ladle in and remove the shiny top layer). Get the remaining juice on a high heat and add your balsamic vinegar. Let it reduce down until it thickens into a sauce but be careful not to let it burn.
- Add your reduced sauce to the pulled pork and mix in.
- Weigh all the ingredients once cooked and divide the weight of each component by 4 (pork, beans, sweet potato).
- Dish up your meals to the gram using your above calculations for example if you have 1 kg of pork it would be 250g into each box. Let it cool down before you put the lids on the tubs and fridge for the week. It should be good for 4 days.
Become a meal prep pro with our weekly recipes and tips. No time then let us do it for you. Simply order online with the click of a button (maintain and clean bulk versions also available).